Upsales and Cross Sales
This area allows you to add or remove Promotional Sales, which are secondary offers that may be presented to consumers as a reduced sale. For example, when you set up a subscription, you can present discounted sales to another website or to another Affiliate website by using an upsale or cross sale .
The Promotional Sales Section contains the following topics:
Display - View the Promotional sales you have set up for the subaccount.
Add/ Update - Add or remove a promotional sale.
Create Upsale - Setup a subaccount/website and the subscription pricing options for an upsale link.
There are two types of Promotional sales:
- Upsales - A secondary subscription offered to one of your subaccount websites. Upsales can be created and presented to new customers on the Signup Form and/or the Approval page. Upsales send Promotional sales to other CCBill main accounts or subaccounts, which are under a CCBill main account. For example, if the main account number is 900100-0000, then you could send an upsale to subaccount 900100-0001. You can set up upsale promotions for linked main accounts, if you have the Linked Account option available for use.
- Cross Sales - A secondary subscription offered to an Affiliate website that can be created and presented to new customers on the Signup Form and/or Approval page. Cross Sale require a pre-approved Cross Sale Relationship between you and the Affiliate. Cross Sales send promotional sales to other CCBill main accounts. For example, if the CCBill main account number is 900100, then you could set up a cross sale relationship with account number 900050, provided the owners of both accounts agree to a cross sale relationship.
Both you and your cross sale partner must be pre-approved by CCBill in order to have a cross sale relationship. Email the sales department, firstname.lastname@example.org, for information about setting up partnerships with other CCBill cross sale Affiliate accounts. If you turn off the cross sale, then both partners must be approved again in order to reactivate the cross sale.
You can display two Promotional sales to customers on the Signup Form, i.e., two upsales, two cross sales, or one cross sale and one upsale. Refer to topic Form Admin > Update Form > Form Skin for more information about setting up Promotional Sales on the Signup Form. You can display one promotional sale on the Approval page, i.e., one cross sale or one upsale.
Add or Update Promotional Sales
The Create Promotional Sale page permits the addition or removal of a promotional sale.
- Select a Promotion Type from the drop down menu.
- Select the Promotion sale and pricing options from the drop down menu.
- Select the promotional sale account and pricing options to display on the current selected form shown in the upper area of the Selection Pane.The information displayed in the Promotion Select box contains the following:
- The CCBill promotional sale account, which is comprised of the main account followed by the subaccount. For example, 900100-0000.
- The pricing information options such as the subscription cost, trial period, billing type (single or recurring) and period.
- Click New Upsale to set up the information for an Upsale link. This opens the Create New Upsale page. New Upsale is only available only when "Upsale" is selected in the Promotional Type field.
- Type an SKU ID – The Sku Id only applies when DRM Networks is used to package files. The Sku Id is a License Rule created and available in the License Acquisitions Rules pane in the DRMNetworks Media Manager.
- Use the Referrer option to setup sales tracking for the CCBill Merchant Affiliate System or other proprietary merchant systems. Select from the following drop down menu selections:
- Custom Referrer – Select this option to explicitly provide the referrer for the promotional sale.
- Referrer from Original Site – Select this option if the referrer from the original sale should be credited for the promotional sale.
- Type the Referrer ID into the Text Box below the drop down menu; usually the Affiliate ID that was assigned to you by CCBill. If the referrer is not a CCBill Merchant Affiliate and you are using your own referrer system you can utilize the field for other tracking purposes.
- Check the This is a CCBill Affiliate Merchant checkbox if Referrer from Original Site is selected and you are using the CCBill Affiliate Merchant System.
Upsales can be created for CCBill Affiliates only, and only if CCBill Account Grouping has been enabled when the Affiliate program was established. If the referrer is not a CCBill Affiliate Merchant and the checkbox is not selected, Upsales and Cross sales can be created.
- Select Promo Text from the drop down menu. – The information to display on the Sign Up Form or Approval page for the promotional sale's subaccount.
- Select a promotional sale Prompt Location from the drop down menu selections: The location where to display the promotional sale.
- Form – The promotion will be presented on the Sign Up Form or the first part of the sign up process.
- Approval – The promotion will be presented on the Approval page or the last part of the sign up process.
- Both – The promotion will be presented on the Sign Up Form and/ or Approval page. If the consumer selects the promotional sale on the Sign Up Form then it will not be presented again on the Approval page. Otherwise, the promotional sale will be presented on both the Sign Up Form and Approval page.
- Check Share Extras to permit passed in variables to be sent to the Approval Post URL for the promotional account. Check this box to permit passed in variables to be sent to the Approval Post URL for the promotional account.
- Click Create Promotional Sale to save the promotional sale information to CCBill's system.
Promotional Sales Report
The Promotional Sales lists the Promotional sales you have set up for the subaccount. The list is empty if no Promotional Sales have been added.
- Promotional Box Title - Select a label to use for the Promo Box on the Signup Form . Click Update to save the information to CCBill's system.
- Promotional Sale Template - Use this drop-down menu to change the way your Promotional Sale is displayed on the Signup Form. The templates available to you (with examples) are:
- Default with Title (will always match the template used for the form.)
- Transparent with Title
- Default without Title
- Transparent without Title
- After choosing your template, click Update, then reset your form to apply the changes.
- To Merchant Accnum - The CCBill main account and subaccount number for the promotional sale. The first six digits of the account represent the main account and the last four digit of the account represent the subaccount, e.g., 900100-0000. This is the account and subaccount number to receive the traffic. Click the linked account number under the To Merchant Accnum column to modify the promotional sale.
- Subscription Type - The pricing options offered to consumers for the promotional sale such as the subscription cost, trial period, billing type (single or recurring) and period.
- Affiliate Type - The type of Affiliate ID (CCBill or other, i.e., non-CCBill affiliate).
- Affiliate - The Affiliate ID of the referrer.
- Prompt Location - The location where to display the promotional sale.
- Initial - The promotional sale is located on the Signup Form or the first part of the Signup Process.
- Approval - The promotional sale is located on the Approval page or the last part of the signup process.
- Both - The promotional sale is located on the Signup Form and the Approval page. If consumers select the promotional sales on the Signup Form then it will not be presented again on the Approval page. Otherwise, the promotional sale will be presented on both the Signup Form and the Approval page.
Click the Delete checkbox next to the promotional sale's information to turn off the promotional sale. You may turn off an individual promotional sale or multiple promotional sales. After you have selected the promotional sales to be turned off, click the Remove button to update CCBill's system.
Click Add to enter the information for a new promotional sale. Click Add to enter the information for a new promotional sale.
The Create New Upsale area allows you to set up a subaccount/website and the subscription pricing options for an upsale link.
Set up the following on the page:
- Subaccount - The CCBill subaccount number , which will be the source of the upsale.
- Upsale To - The CCBill main account and/ or subaccount number for the upsale's destination. This is the website where the upsale will be sent.
- Pricing - The pricing options to offer the customer for the upsale such as the subscription cost, trial period, billing type (single or recurring) and period.
Click the Create Upsale button to save the new upsale to CCBill's system. The link information for the subaccount/ website and pricing will be added to the upsale list. You can select the upsale link from the Promotion drop-down menu on the Add or Update Promotional Sales page.